Losing a beloved pet can be traumatic. If you pet does get lost, proper identification is your best chance for a safe return.
- All of our pets available for adoption have an ID microchip implanted under their skin.
- Dogs and cats should always wear collars with a tag identifying the pet’s name, address, and your phone number.
- A current municipal license tag is a good form of identification for your dog.
- Take photos, record color and special markings, breed, weight, and age.
- Post a photo of your pet on your Facebook page as well as the Lost And Found Pets Facebook page.
- Check the City of Wichita Falls Animal Shelter, on Hatton Road, daily until you find your pet – it may have been picked up and is waiting to be reclaimed.
- We also provide ID microchipping for your other pets for only $15.